How to Apply

There are two ways to apply for accommodation at the Capital City Housing NPC:

There is a fee applicable of R150 per application.  Approved applications only remain on the system for a period of 1 calendar month.

  • An application form can be printed off our website which needs to be completed and brought to our office with the relevant information requested below,
  • Come to our office with the relevant information requested below and our friendly staff will assist you with the completion of the application.



Please provide certified copies of:

  • Your RSA Identity Document OR valid permanent residence permit
  • Your partner’s Identity Document
  • Your Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
  • Birth Certificates of your children from the Department of Home Affairs
  • Provide proof of monthly income (original salary/wage advice)
  • Provide bank statements for the last 3 months
  • If partner is unemployed, then provide a letter to that effect from the Department of Labour or a sworn affidavit commissioned by a commissioner of oaths
  • If your child has a different surname, please provide an affidavit stating that this is your child

Please note:

  • Should you decide to withdraw after paying our deposit, you will be liable for an administration fee of R350-00. If you withdraw after you have completed Tenant Training and have signed a lease agreement with the Capital City Housing NPC, an administration fee of R1000-00 will be charged.
  • The electricity and water supply is pre-paid and vouchers are purchased either at selected local outlets, via your cellphone or at the Capital City Housing. A water connection fee of R1000-00 is required.
  • The flat is not for sale, now or in the future.


Qualifying Criteria

Qualifying Criteria

  • You must be permanently employed and the NET income (combined) of the family must be between R2500 and R15000 per month
  • You can be married / or a co-habiting couple
  • You can be divorced / or widowed / or single and have dependents i.e. child(ren)
  • You must live and/or work in the Msunduzi Municipal area and NOT own property
  • You agree to allow Capital City Housing NPC to check your Credit Record