Want to apply to become a tenant at Acacia Park in Oribi, Aloe Ridge in Westgate or Signal Hill in Prestbury? You can apply for housing online using our online application form, or in person at our office. Read below to find out everything you need to know about application requirements and how to apply for social housing at Capital City Housing.
Before applying for housing, please take note of the qualifying criteria
- You must be a South African citizen or have a permanent residency permit.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You are married or living with a partner.
- You are single or divorced and have proven financial dependents permanently living with you.
- Your monthly household income is below R15 000 before deductions.
If you meet the criteria, click here to apply for housing.
- RSA ID certified
- 3 month’s bank statements
- Latest Payslip – if your salary doesn’t fluctuate.
- Latest 3 months Payslips – if your salary fluctuates (ie. Commission earner)
Other Income Earners
- RSA ID certified
- 3 month’s bank statements
- Letter of Grant/Pension
- Copy of Pension Card
- Letter of Drawings from Accountant and your Annual Financial Statements
- Letter/Affidavit confirming income – if not 1 of the above.
You will also be required to provide the following for any other individuals who will reside with you:
- RSA Certified ID / Birth Certificate
- Payslip for individuals working or an affidavit whereby the individual declares he/she is unemployed.
Please note the following:
- A credit assessment will be done in order to determine your affordability and your payment records at the credit bureau.
- Your employer may be contacted to verify your employment.
- Social Housing uses a mixed income approach, and you may be placed on a waiting list should the institution not have availability in your particular income band.
- You might be required to provide further information should anything on your application be queried.
- Rentals are generally calculated at 33.33% of your gross monthly household income.
- Applications that are complete should be processed within 5 working days, if you have not heard a result within 5 days please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 033-3452184 for further information.
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee of R150 per application
- Payment details:
- Bank: Nedbank
- Account Number: 1165033534
- Branch code: 198765
- Reference: Your name
How to apply online?
To ensure that we can cater to the growing number of application requests, we have launched an easy-to-use online application system. To apply to be a tenant, simply click this link: https://bit.ly/354ajLX to use our online application form and to submit relevant documents.
Understanding the application form
The online application form consists of 5 parts and is extremely simple to follow and fill out
Applicant particulars: Provide your name, surname ID number, marital status and other general information
Employment: Provide details of your current employer
Accommodation: Provide details of the accommodation you would prefer (1, 2 or 3 bedroom)
*Please note that accommodation is subject to availability.
Household cashflow: Provide details of your household income, expenditures – These details are required to check affordability.
Documentation: Submit certified copies of your documents by simply clicking the outlined box ‘Drop files here’. You will then be able to choose the documents you wish to submit from your computer/laptop/mobile device
The ITC consent form stipulates that you allow Capital City Housing to check your credit record. A link to this form can be found at the top of the online application form.
*Please note that all parts of the application must be completed for your application to be processed.
How to apply at our office?
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we are no longer accepting physical applications at the office. However, if for any reason you are unable to use the online application form, you can call the office at 033 345 2184/ 7 to set up an appointment with our Letting Agents to visit the office to complete your online application.
We request you to adhere to COVID-19 regulations when visiting our office. Please wear a mask and maintain social distancing. Entry to the office will only be allowed after mandatory screening process and the signing of our register.
No mask, no entry.
41 Peter Kerchoff Street
Telephone: (033) 345 2184/7
Monday to Thursday: 8am to 4:30pm
Friday: 8am to 4:00pm
Things to note:
Application processing time
- Online applicants will receive a response within 5 working days from the date of application. Manual applications will be an added 3 days. If you have not received a response within that period, kindly call (033) 345 2184/7, WhatsApp us on 071 912 7695 or email us at email@example.com
- Applications are subject to availability at the time of applying.
Withdrawal of applications
- Should you decide to withdraw your application after paying the application fee, you will be liable for a R350 administration fee.
- If you have completed tenant training and sign a lease agreement and decide to withdraw, you will be liable for a R1000 administration fee.
- Rent is calculated at 33.3% of your total household income, as per the Social Housing Act.
- Minimum rental is prescribed.
- Rental excludes parking, electricity, and water costs
- Flats are only for rent, not for sale.
“Talk to me” Helpdesk
Still need assistance to apply for housing? No problem! Contact our “Talk to me” Helpdesk on WhatsApp 068 170 8881 and our team will be more than happy to assist you with any of your queries.
Capital City Housing NPC is Pietermaritzburg’s preferred Social Housing provider. We have three safe, secure and well-maintained developments, namely Acacia Park, Signal Hill and Aloe Ridge, where you can enjoy affordable housing, enjoy value-added amenities and raise a happy family. To apply for housing at any of our developments click here: https://bit.ly/354ajLX