The SHRA’s Residential Rent Relief Programme (RRRP) is a Rent Relief Grant for social housing tenants who are in financial distress as a direct result of COVID-19 and are unable to pay rent.
If you are a current tenant at our developments and wish to apply for RRRP, please see below details of qualifying criteria, documents required and how to apply.
Qualifying criteria for RRRP grant:
- You must have been a tenant with us since 31 March 2020 (or before), in terms of a valid lease agreement.
- You must have been in good standing at the date of the commencement of the state of disaster and Level 5 lockdown (31 March 2020).
- Your combined household income must be R15 000 per month or less.
- Your household income must have reduced by at least 50% due to the state of disaster resulting from the Covid – 19 pandemic – the material period for determinations of loss of income is the period for which relief is sought (and not income at the time of applications).
- You must not have been in rental arrears, as of 29 February 2020, OR have been less than 30 days in arrears by end of March 2020.
- You must have a repayment agreement in place.
- You must display that you are unable to pay full rental during the lockdown because of loss of income caused by the economic downturn associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You must be over 18 years of age on the date of lodging an application for rent relief, a South African citizen, or a permanent resident.
- Proof that the beneficiary tenant(s) / primary income earners(s) have been retrenched.
- Evidence of reduced income, and by how much it is reduced (from your employer)
- Latest 3 months bank statements
- Evidence of rental arrears (tenant statements)
- Agreement of repayment of arrears with Capital City Housing
How to apply
- Submit all the documents as listed above at our Office, at 41 Peter Kerchhoff Street.
- The closing date for submission of applications is the 7th of each month.
- Applications with all supporting documents must be submitted at the office during working hours between Monday to Thursday 8am to 4:30pm, Friday: 8am to 4pm.
- Applications with insufficient information or errors will need to be corrected and re-submitted within 5 working days from notification by the SHRA
- Once applications are approved, RRRP grant payments will be made by the 7th of the following month.
- No cash payments will be made to beneficiaries.
- All funds will be paid out to Capital City Housing rental accounts to cover the cost of your rent.
- For any queries or assistance, contact Athol Paul on 033 345 2184 / 7 or email email@example.com